It is often easy for us to forget the significance of random acts of kindness. How can we do this when we all are suffering with trials in our own life? We often disregard the fact that no matter what it is that we are going through, there is always someone out there suffering even more. We need to remember our blessings and spread positive energy. A small act of kindness can bring a huge amount of joy to ourselves and the people around us. Doing good to others will make us feel good as well!
“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” – Aesop
I am a firm believer in this quote! We always remember when people have been kind to us and how their small acts of kindness made an impact on us. It is very important to spread this kind of energy. Here are some easy acts of kindness we can do on a regular basis:
- Compliment people – This will always bring a smile to their face and it will be a positive thought they will remember. You can never go wrong!
- Remember your neighbors – This could be sending them your baked goods or even mowing their lawn while you are doing your own. It will always be appreciated.
- Donate – This could be your time or money. There is always someone that needs your help in the community.
- Remember to love the people in your life – We often take our loved ones for granted, showing love and appreciation towards them is often forgotten. They need to know how much they mean to you and that you value their presence in your life!
- Smile at strangers – Positive energy needs to be spread and that is an easy way to do it!
- Empathize – It is easy to judge but hard to put yourself in someone else’s shoes. Once we learn to do this we can be better friends and more understanding people.
- Celebrate others – Whether it be showing up to dinners or congratulating someone on an accomplishment. This form of support is always necessary and can mean a lot.
- Listen – There are always people around us that need to be heard.
- Encourage and support – This never goes unnoticed. As we need this from the people in our lives others need it from us.
- Avoid the gossip – Be the person that doesn’t want to be around any environment that has such negativity. Even if you have to change the subject or walk away.
Last but not least, the most important thing you could do that can change lives on a grand scale. Pray – Prayer is a strong tool we have that can make the greatest impact. Pray for others whether it be loved ones or strangers. Never forget to pray for yourself as well! 🙂