The ‘My Hijab Story’ feature is all about YOUR stories! We want to hear from you and about your story of how you became a hijabi.
In a world full of misinformation about hijab and Islam, we want to spread some love and positivity around. Hijab is not a symbol or tool of oppression but instead focuses on freedom and modesty.
Everyone’s history with hijab is different, and so is the way they came to wear it. We want to know YOUR story and how you came to hijab. Maybe you didn’t want to wear it initially. Maybe you started and then stopped. Maybe you started very late in life. Maybe you’d like to change how you do it. Everyone’s story is different.
All you have to do is email us your story for a chance for your story to be published on the blog.
So what exactly do you have to do? Full rules here:
- Post has to be written by you (no plagiarised content please). When you send your post to The Muslim Girl, you are implying that you are the sole owner of the content you’ve sent.
- Post has to be about your personal journey and not about anyone else’s. Tell us when and why you started wearing hijab, your struggles with it, how it’s changed you, and the positive affect on your life.
- Post has to be between 500 to 900 words.
- No images or links, and no profanity please.
- Include your first name, age, and location at the bottom of your email.
- Email your post to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not copy and paste your post in the comments section of this post or any other post.
- The Muslim Girl reserves the right to decide which posts get published.
And that’s it! We want to hear all of your stories so get writing. And share this post with your friends as well. We can’t wait to share your stories and spread the love for hijab. #myhijabstory